Friday, September 9, 2011

Write Write Write

So...I wanted to take a moment to throw a question out there, to anyone who actually reads my blog. Lately I have been thinking of my manuscript and the direction I would like it to take. I have different ideas already set and parts written, but I guess I'm at the point where I'm afraid to write a part and spend a great deal of time and truly fall in love with it and then not have it fit. UGH! People who think writers have it easy have another thing coming.
On top of trying to find time to write and be magnificent (ha ha) I'm also studying for my next Praxis Exam for Early Childhood (Grades P-3), you would never think it would be as difficult as it is. Because this is the beginning stage in education teachers and students need to put their best, smarty pants foot forward to soak up the most important aspects of learning. Most of the study guide centers around different psychological theories on ways of learning and teaching, that even makes reading a story book technical.
Not to have this post go off track, my question is what makes you happy? What is something that you could do forever that make things worth while, in terms of employment. I know for me I would love to do anything that has to do with writing. Even though I don't write novels every day and spout sonnets I absolutely love writing and getting involved in different subjects. I know college would discourage me at some points with professors who were less than sympathetic or even courteous. I had a professor who was so cruel I wanted to drop his class, which was Advanced Creative Writing...the class I was looking forward to taking for four years.  Even if I was asking a question I received a rude response dripping with sarcasm and attitude.
Well that was a nice mini rant, so if anyone is out there I'd love to hear your opinion on a dream drop that really involves your interests!!

Til Next Time
Amanda

No comments: